Monday, October 20, 2008

to sleep perchance to....not wake up until morning


54.365
Originally uploaded by misslissa13
I have not been sleeping well lately. I fall asleep no problem, but inevitably wake up at 3 or 4 in the morning. Weekdays, weekends, it does not matter. Then I lay there, wide eyed trying to force them closed. I toss and turn and my thoughts are all over the place. My only solution is to get up and turn the television on and then, like magic, I am able to fall back to sleep for an hour. The biggest problem is the couch is not so comfortable anymore. Misshapen cushions and pillows. It is a sofa bed so I probably should open the dang thing up. Maybe I will try just going to sleep on that to see if I can get a full night sleep without waking up. I guess anything is worth a try since this has been going on for at least two weeks now. Perhaps the strangest thing is I am able to function throughout the day and feel relatively awake in the late evening.

Hey Universe! What's going on with this lack of sleep thing?

No comments: