Thursday, November 17, 2011

not-so-extreme couponing

Clipity-clip-clip-clip...coupons that is. It is amazing how challenges in life can change a person's shopping habits. Now don't get me wrong, I've never been one to go on crazy spending sprees (except shopping for Christmas gifts for family and friends, where I'm notorious for over shopping). I have never been one to need the biggest, best and newest technology or toy out there. I even find shopping a chore most of the time. The only type of shopping I actually enjoy is food shopping.

Enter the life challenge: financial strain. This has made frugality a necessity. In the past, I would occasionally clip a coupon or two but then I'd usually forget to bring them to the store. I started to get more serious about couponing. Not like the people on Extreme Couponing. I have no idea how they have the time of patience to do that, but I am amazed at what they are able to accomplish. I also wish some of their tricks would rub off on me.

Last time I went food shopping, I decided to see what I could save with sales and coupons and, to my surprise, I was able to save 77 dollars! May not be a whole lot, but when you do not have much money coming in, every little bit counts. And, I must admit, it was kind of fun. I can certainly see why the "extremers" get a rush out of it.

I'm going to try and figure more of this couponing thing out and try and save. Hmmmm...should I start stocking up on diapers now?????

No comments: