Friday, June 12, 2009

good thing i'm dragging my butt...

...because, with the slow but sure caffeine withdrawal, I don't have the energy to beat up the people that I am finding more irritating due to said caffeine withdrawal.

I am on day three of only one cup...ONE CUP!!!! Me!?!? Driving past a Starbucks yesterday, I longingly stared out the window...non-fat hazelnut latte', I miss thee so! Already? Of course! We truly want that which we cannot have! HA!

As I sit here sipping my first and only cup o' joe of the day, I am grateful of the fact that I have not suffered the dreaded withdrawal headache. I will be giving myself some time at one cup before I cut down more. Perhaps, this week was not the ideal week for the cutback due to being extra tired and stressed at work already, but I feel it is time and I am as ready as I am going to be. I truly hope that my natural energy level will improve with no stimulant dependence and I look forward to experiencing the outcome of this "experiment."

You will know I have truly changed, when I can get myself to order a...what are those things called? Um... Oh yeah! D-e-c-a-f *GASP LOUDLY*

And now, for your viewing pleasure...

I know I'M working for the weekend!
Cheers,
Melissa

No comments: