Tuesday, January 27, 2009

an open apology

I am engulfed with introversion as of late. Not introversion in the shyness sense of the word, but more so in the vein of needing lots of home time to recharge. This is not due to depression or "winter funk". On the contrary, I am feeling wonderful and wondrous and I adore brisk cold weather and snow.

So why the apology? The apology is for my friends, near and far. I have been scarce on the social scene. I have had little to no small gatherings or visits. Plus, I have never really been one to pick up the phone.



This homebody behavior feels necessary right now. I am recharging. I need to refocus on the next steps of my life and continue working on my health improvement. I have been unplugging for most of the days lately (hence the lack of serious online time).

On the flip side, I need to start reconnecting with the people I love and adore while continuing to recharge. So how do I do this? Balance. As I am finding balance within myself, I am learning how to apply that same balance externally. To begin, my first step: an open apology to the Universe (and the Web, which are certainly not synonymous). Next step: phone calls, letters, visits.

Some of you may even receive one of these great handmade note cards I received as a thank you gift from the lovely, creative Nina Beana:(These are fantastic and are inspiring me to put pen to paper. Nice, right?)

So, I am sorry, dear friends. Please be patient with me (and honest with any upset you may have towards me) and allow me to reconnect with you. This will take some time since I have a large list of people I want back in my life in one capacity or another. I have been blessed throughout my life to have had the opportunity to meet and connect with so many wonderful people. My hopes along the way in this process, is to rebuild old friendships, strengthen current ones and perhaps make some new ones along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew...now I don't feel so guilty about not giving you a call! I guess I'm not the only one getting wrapped up in daily life. I would like to get together soon, though. Give me a call the next time you're visiting Mom & Pop...I miss them too!

Stevie G.B. said...

Don't worry. I still love ya, as long as you come to my variety shows. You are one my favorite fools.