Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A, B, C. easy as 1, 2, 3


So, driving home the other day, I passed an OTB (Off Track Betting for those of you unfamiliar) and thought, "well that is something I've never tried before." After posting a semi-joking Facebook post requesting accompaniment to a day of betting on the ponies I thought, hmmm. As a one-time thing, it might be fun to do something new like betting a few bucks on horse races.

A few minutes more into my commute, my brain started to wander to other things I have never tried. Archery. I have never tried to shoot a bow and arrow. Archery starts with "A." Betting. Betting starts with the letter "B." Hey, what if I go through the alphabet one letter at a time and find something new to do, try or learn? Put myself to a challenge, maybe? After all, it's been a while since I've done something to get my mind and juices flowing. I'll do it!

Here's where I ask your assistance. I have some ideas for some of the letters of the alphabet, but maybe you can come up with different ideas for me to consider. Of course, this challenge will also give me fodder for blog topics and I would love it if you'd all join in (independently or with me if you're local...or willing to commute to NY).

So here's where we start. In the comments, list the alphabet and ideas of new things to try. I'll start with just a quick brainstorm.Some of my ideas are lame, but this is just a starting point. If you come up with something better for a letter, I'll engage in that one.

The Super Tentative, Incomplete List of Things to Try:

A - Archery
B - Betting on horses, Bungee jumping, Belly dancing
C - Crocheting 
D -
E -
F - Fishing for shark
G - Gold-leafing something
H - Hot yoga, Hooping
I - Icing a cake artistically, Inline skating (aggressive style)
J - Juggling
K - Kite building, Karate
L -
M - Marionette - learn to make and control one
N - Noodle making
O - Orienteering
P - Parkour (okay, I physically can't do this right now but I'd love to try)
Q - Quilting
R - Rugby, Riding a motorcycle,
S - Snowboarding
T - Tightrope, Trapeze
U - Ukulele (learn how to play)
V - Vaudeville acting
W - Water skiing,
X - Xylophone (buy and learn how to play)
Y - Yo-yo tricks
Z - Zeppole making, Zamboni driving (don't know how I'd manage that but hey, you never know)

What are your ideas?

No comments: