Tuesday, February 15, 2011

never mind the chaos

As things at the office get all chaotic, messy and busting at the seams, I am feeling an amazing sense of calm between the moments of being out-of-sorts. There are changes happening and a lot of covertness occurring. I'm observing coworkers being treated unfairly and everyone's stress levels seem off the charts. The hard-working among the ranks are getting no recognition. In general, there is a topcoat of icky. I know things are going to change real soon, so I will not have to worry about it much longer, but I find it sad for the simple fact that it doesn't have to be this way. There are ways of finding balance between getting expected work done while treating people with kindness.

In spite of it all, today I vow to keep myself grounded.
I vow to take the extra steps to be more kind to others.
I vow to find the humor in everything.
I vow to be myself, flaws and all.
I vow to stay calm in the face of chaos and use this to lead by example.
I vow to breathe.

Shanti, shanti, shanti
Peace, peace, peace

2 comments:

Brandi Reynolds said...

you totally wrote this for me. that's what's going on in our office too and your words and intentions are exactly what I needed to hear.

xoxoxo

Melissa said...

Humor helps too