Sunday, February 13, 2011

wowzer

I has certainly been a while since I posted. So here's a little update:

Moved into our home and are getting settled. Boddington is being a bit neurotic and trying to chew everything in sight, but he is loving the exploration of a new town. Once the ground thaws in the spring, we're installing a fence so he can frolic and play catch in a space bigger than a living room. Sherman is in bunny heaven getting to bask in some sunlight through the big picture window and showing his glee with lots of happy-bunny flops. We couldn't be happier...well, except maybe if we won the lottery. Yeah, I know money can't buy happiness but neither does being dirt poor. Think about it, wouldn't you rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable?

We spent the first week of home ownership painting the abode and changing the color scheme from pinks, pale yellow and peach to a vibrant palette worthy of a daycare center. Two of the rooms were to our liking, but everything else had to go. So much painting, I had to don a wrist brace to deal with ligament/tendon strain. There is still some unpacking to do, but before and after pictures are on the way.


As I have mentioned in a previous post, this town has a bad rap, but I have to say, the more I live here the more I love this town! Taking walks with Boddie allow me to take in water views, watch wildlife (deer, ducks and various birds), see unique architecture and breathe in the salty air.


No comments: