Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the cardinal post

hun·dred - (huhn-drid) noun, plural -dreds, (as after a numeral) -dred, adjective
–noun
1. a cardinal number, ten times ten.
2. a symbol for this number, as 100 or C.
3. a set of this many persons or things: a hundred of the men.
4. hundreds, a number between 100 and 999, as in referring to an amount of money: Property loss was only in the hundreds of dollars.
5. Informal.
a. a hundred-dollar bill.
b. the sum of one hundred dollars.
6. (formerly) an administrative division of an English county.
7. a similar division in colonial Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Virginia, and in present-day Delaware.
8. Also called
hundred's place. Mathematics.
a. (in a mixed number) the position of the third digit to the left of the decimal point.
b. (in a whole number) the position of the third digit from the right. –adjective
9. amounting to one hundred in number.

--------------------------------------------------------------
So here it is, the 100th post. This from someone who, a year ago, did not understand why people blogged! I never thought I would do it, but I discovered the pure enjoyment. The connections to people who I would have otherwise never met, the forum for a little self expression and the therapeutic value of writing are just some of the benefits. This has definitely helped me overcome the "my writing really blows" mentality that I allowed myself to take on. It has aided me in realizing that I am worthy of expressing myself, I am worthy of showing my humanness (flaws and all) and I am worthy of.....well, being who I am and not feeling ashamed. It has helped me face my flaws as well as get back in touch with my fiery side. And for that it is worth it!

I raise my cup of joe to the next 100 posts and what I may discover about myself! And I raise it to you, my dear readers who come along for the ride, some of you who comment and the many more that lurk. I raise it to myself, who I have been, who I am and who I will be.

Cheers!
Melissa

--------------------------------------------------------------
wor·thy - (wûr'thē) adj. wor·thi·er, wor·thi·est
Having worth, merit, or value; useful or valuable.
Honorable; admirable: a worthy fellow.
Having sufficient worth; deserving: worthy to be revered; worthy of acclaim.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Anyone catch that this was post 99? bwaa ha ha ha haaa!

Anonymous said...

Ha! No I didn't catch that, but I do know what you mean about the blogging. A year ago I thought I'd never blog even as I supported and cheered on my friend Kathryn for blogging her heart. "Yeah, it's okay for some people, but not my thing." Ha again.

Now obviously I've changed my mind.

Here's to expression! And the number 99.

nina beana said...

happy 100!

Melissa said...

and yet I feel so young