Friday, June 22, 2007

I long for days of yards and gardens


claw
Originally uploaded by misslissa13
Repotting and planting new seeds in dollar store pots last night, I started thinking about a future house with the safe haven yard and garden. A retreat from the world to enjoy planting and sipping lemonade with fresh grown mint. Ah, Someday.


Digging my stubby-nailed fingers in the bags of potting soil I realize just how much I enjoy this. The act of gardening makes me feel as alive as the little flower and herb creatures sprout up green and willowy in their pots. Good thing I'm getting better at this. Those poor Gerberer Daisies never stood a chance those many years ago. And that green plant with it's sad little limp vine, I don't know how my mother was able to revive it, but that thing is kicking under her care. (wait...plants actually NEED sunlight???) But today is different. Perhaps it's my new found appreciation? It's such a simple pleasure, sowing tiny seeds, seeing the first sprouts rear their heads. It's one of the things that keep me grounded nowadays.

No comments: