Thursday, June 28, 2007

today's joy



Some of the things that bring me joy today:


Thoughts of recent mini-vacations

Being godmother to this little cherub

Listening to the thunder

Watching the seeds sprout

Knowing I am loved

Loving others

Getting so riled up over societal injustices it motivates me to learn more and move forward

Dancing to bad music on the radio

Eating raspberry sorbet from the container on a hot afternoon

Being a shoulder to lean on and an ear to hear, even when I have no more than that to give

Receiving my acceptance letter to my next college

Having new art supplies and thinking of a few pieces to work on

Knitting a few rows of Greg's project

Thinking of the future

Living today

The quiet apartment with only the sounds of cars driving by

Knowing Greg will come home soon and the anticipation of falling asleep holding hands

No comments: