Sunday, January 27, 2008

here and there and everywhere. you can measure, too!

It has recently come to my conscious awareness that I have a habit of measuring distances between places. I do this most times I drive, even if I have already clocked a path before. (Who's ever idea it was to put trip meters on the dashboard...brilliant!) Part of this is functional for clocking out distances to measure walking or biking workouts. But the other part is a fascination I have with placements of things and places in relation to each other. I find simple joy in this. I do not know from what this stems and am trying to figure out what it means for me. Not only am I fascinated by the juxtaposition or vast distance between places but I am also fascinated that I find joy in it. This habit is by no means an obsession. It is not that I cannot drive anywhere if I did not reset the trip meter. It is just a simple pleasure.Perhaps I have an inter cartographer just waiting to get out.








No, really....I'm the Map!! I'm the Map, I'm the Map, I'm the Map!

No comments: