Tuesday, March 31, 2009

weeeeeeeeeeeee!


weeeeeeeeeeeee!
Originally uploaded by misslissa13
Vacations from work are fun! Even if you don't go away.

I spent many hours at Caumsett State Park yesterday with my mom. Of all the years I have lived on Long Island, I had never been to this park. What a great place! There's a paved bike/hike path, a historical self-guided tour, bridle paths, unpaved paths, bird watching, polo fields, mansions, a dairy and even a swing by the Sound!

I am thrilled to have spent so many hours there breathing in the salty air, enjoying the intermittent sun and spending time with my mother (who, unfortunately hurt her leg while we were there - the only downside of the day). This is the start to peeling away the layers of stress that accumulated over the past few months.

And, boy, did I sleep well last night! Aaaah!!!!

No comments: