Saturday, September 22, 2007

shower games


shower games
Originally uploaded by misslissa13

I could use this post to rant and rave about institutionalized marriage and the horrors of the dreaded bridal shower tradition, but I'm not feeling that right now. Okay, I admit it. I actually had fun at a bridal shower. Honestly, these things are usually tedious and painful, but not this one. This particular shower was for my soon-to-be sister-in-law and the only thing painful was the pulled muscle in my back, sadly from a laundry injury earlier in the day. (Well it could also be from the 2 two hour car rides yesterday, the four hour one last night and the 2 two hour ones today. Sheesh, I have another four hour one tomorrow!) Despite the long drives and pain, there was much laughter and fun to be had. My mother, pictured right, is donning a lovely toilet paper dress from one of the contests. I hope she doesn't mind that I posted it here and on flickr, but I love this photo of her laughing.

I'm looking forward to the wedding in a couple of weeks. I still can't believe my big brother is getting married! Hmmm, I may even enjoy that event......

No comments: