Thursday, February 28, 2008

go ahead...you know you want to


"Draw a crazy picture,
Write a nutty poem,
Sing a mumble-gumble song,
Whistle through your comb.

Do a loony-goony dance
'Cross the kitchen floor,
Put something silly in the world
That ain't been there before."

-Shel Silverstein


Seriousness and responsibility, introspection and pondering, self-reflection, deep thinking, reevaluating what one is doing in/to the World......all have their place, but there also needs to be some time for simple silliness. It truly is about balance. A life only focusing on the negative leads only to negativity: depression, heart disease, isolation...the list goes on. Who wants to die of seriousness? Who wants to look back during the twilight of life and think, "I am so glad I did not take the time to experience joy?" No me! I'm going to go and do a loony-goony dance now. Care to join me?

No comments: