Monday, February 25, 2008

no suntan here


us_angle_2
Originally uploaded by misslissa13
It was a beautiful day to be hiking on the beach. We bundled up in many layers, only to find that it was not cold and windy. The sky was blue, the sun was shining and the sound of the waves were relaxing. We hiked for an hour, trudging through the soft sand and finding amusement in the swift legs of the piping plovers. This is how I enjoy the beach, not by slathering myself with oil and cooking myself on a beach towel. Where's the fun in that? I would rather move my body, enjoy the sights and collect some interesting shells, stones and beach glass. Ah, the clean smell of the ocean air on a crisp February day. This is living.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ok way jealous.

no beach here.

no suntan either.

colorado is SUPPOSED to have over 300 sunny days a year. i guess there isn't really such thing as global warming after all....

Rich Mertz said...

Heh, I remember doing that ... In fact, I lived off West Meadow one fine frosty February, in a 100+ year-old house that was in desperate need of insulation. Ah! Those were the days...

Melissa said...

Ann Michele - don't worry, I NEVER suntan, even when I live on the coast. Plus, you have the mountains (I miss them dearly).

Rich - Ah, West Meadow....everyone has memories from there. good time. Your old place sounds like my place in E Prov!