Friday, February 1, 2008

organizing

I was inspired the other day by Nina's blog to make a one item "to-do list" so I decided to make "finally get the kitchen organized for the first time since moving in to this apartment" my task. I did it. Moved the furniture around to a more functional placement (difficult to do when you have a tiny kitchen), cleaned above the cabinets, decorated a box to hide some "not for daily use" items, cleaned under the refrigerator, emptied and organized the cabinets and I was inspired the other day by Nina's blog to make a one item "to-do list" so I decided to make "finally get the kitchen organized for the first time since moving in to this apartment" my task. I did it. Moved the furniture around to a more functional placement (difficult to do when you have a tiny kitchen), cleaned above the cabinets, decorated a box to hide some "not for daily use" items, cleaned under the refrigerator, emptied and organized the cabinets and reinforced the island that was really wobbling from the move. Whew! Quite n job, but it is done and I feel much better about it. Next tasks: finish sorting through the boxes of papers and random stuff while making an organizational system for the keep stuff.




organizing
Originally uploaded by misslissa13




Also, organize the incredible desk hutch that Greg's father built for us. Since our desk only has a keyboard drawer and small hutch, we desperately needed office storage space. Now we have it.

I will take a full view picture when I have it all organized and pretty-like. Of course, a Buddha was the first thing to adorn this lovely hand-made piece.
The apartment is starting to feel more like home.

No comments: