Monday, February 25, 2008

shuffled off this mortal coil

Friday night, feeling extremely agitated,
I went to bed at 8:21
Woke up at 7:00 the next morning

Turns out, that same Friday night
My neighbor died of a heart attack

Didn't know her much
Moved in here in November
Polite hellos and nice to meet you
Were the only exchanges

She seemed nice
Was a home health aide
and smoked incessantly
Her nephew had just temporarily moved in after being kicked out by his girlfriend
That is all I knew

Sometimes it is difficult to understand the energy you are feeling, especially agitation, when you are unaware of what it happening right next door. Now that I know, it doesn't necessarily make experiencing the energy any easier, but at least I understand.

The rest of the weekend was positive; Worked out on Saturday, went for a walk on the beach Sunday morning and had dinner with family for a "Happy two days before your birthday, mom" party. (Tuesday, she turns 23 again.)

Now, to start a new week and see what transpires. I hope my neighbor's family heals quickly. I hope to enjoy nature more. I hope to treat my body in ways that makes it happy and healthy. I hope to spend more time with family and friends. I hope to learn some more wisdom from my mother. I hope for calm and joy and feeling grounded, for everyone.

No comments: