Monday, July 16, 2007

what's going on in my mellon

Where am I at today? I'm not sure. I had a nice weekend, got some things accomplished, visited friends, enjoyed time with Greg and applied to a couple of second, part-time jobs. This morning, I woke up early and have been thinking about the things I want to manifest in my life and about the continuation of my annual physical. So far, all the news, tests and health reports have been good. Another week and a half, all the tests should be done, including my every-three year echocardiogram. I love that test! Medical technology is amazing, seeing my heart as an image on a screen fascinates me. This is routine for me; just to monitor my heart murmur every three years to make sure there is no change. Other test technology seems much more primitive, like the PPD (test for tuberculosis) that I need to get annually since I work with clients in residential settings. I think this is one of my least favorite tests. Needles don't bother me. (Heck, pre-tattoos I was in the "gallon club" at the NY Blood bank. I need to wait until November to start donating again...unless I get more ink.) It's when I have something injected into me that I get all woozy-like, especially tuberculosis. Of course, I'm sure my first mammogram will not be all that thrilling, but I'll let you know. I am having some emotional stuff surface with this test pending. I may write about that or I may keep it private. Well, it's better to get myself all checked out, poked and prodded while I have the health insurance.



I need to go get ready for work now, but here are a few of the topics that have been rolling around my head as of late:



Health improvement


Motivation and goals


Motherhood and marriage


The "Fucked Generation"


My long-term career goals


Education


Repeated patterns of behavior


Naropa and how my studies appear in daily life



Just giving you a brief list of what I may or may not write about soon.


quack

No comments: