Saturday, August 25, 2007

curiosity in blue


curiosity in blue 2
Originally uploaded by misslissa13
Since moving to East Providence, I have been fascinated and strangely drawn to this building. There is just something about it, even in it's deteriorating state, that makes my heart beat faster and my soul jump up and down. Research has only revealed that the last recorded sale of this building occurred in 1989. I have no inkling of a clue who the owners are, what businesses and/or residents have been through these doors and why it has been left to fade out of existence. Walking by it, I always lay my hand on some piece of the facade and silently ask that the building speak to me, to tell me what secrets it hides and what it has seen. Maybe one day it will answer.




Detail above the main door
2nd floor

















main door




















side window






65 Warren Ave
East Providence, RI 02914

No comments: