Sunday, August 5, 2007

bullet shots


Sir Roger Bannister
Originally uploaded by misslissa13

It's been a few days, eh? Well, I have been able to get a couple of solid night's sleep and the back is a bit straighter. Things have been going well. And now, without further ado, some more thoughts/updates in bullet format:

  • I watched a single guy on a tandem bike peddle down the street earlier. If I was outside, I would have asked if I could go for a spin around the park.
  • I went up to Somerville/Cambridge Massachusetts yesterday. Saw Rich and "Framingham Pete" (Guess I have to change his name since they moved). Got some "for the heck of it" pictures like "Sir Roger Bannister" to the right. Had a delicious veggie burger and fries at The Druid Pub, and a cup of probably the best handmade pistacchio ice cream ever at Christina's. (Beware of the ice cream nazi if you go there. Once you pay it's "Move now, keep going" )
  • Can anybody tell me what the heck that thing is on the ceiling of the Druid? [see my flickr page to see "it"]
  • I am excited that Greg is researching schools of acupuncture. I would love to see him study something that would bring him to find fulfilling life work. He would be an amazing professional healer, too.
  • I have my advisory meeting coming up this week at school. I can then register for classes and plot out my studies. I love school, you have no idea!
  • The basil plant is finally starting to grow to a usable size and the tomato plants smell heavenly.
  • I am going to make some baked ziti with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach tonight.
  • I should get back to cleaning the apartment. (I will in a little while since I am enjoying this little bout of writing.)
  • When the space is clean, my thoughts are so much more focused. It will also make it conducive for creativity.
  • The air is so much more comfortable today than it has been in a couple of weeks. This really helps elevate my mood.
  • I am going to sign up for a 5K happening on September 16th. I just have to check my schedule to make sure there would be no conflicts. This would be my first official race.
  • I still want to run the Bolder Boulder 10k one day. These are personal goals, I'm not looking to win any awards, just the satisfaction of participating and completing them.
  • I will get to see friends and family next week when we are "on Island" as opposed to "in" Island. Woo-hoo!
  • The tenants downstairs are moving out. I guess there will be less nights of smelling marijuana wafting up through the floorboards and no more screaming matches/banging on the windows to listen to in the middle of the night. Of course, the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. Next tenants could be worse. Let's hope not!
  • I am still searching for a second job to help pay the bills. Human services does not pay all that well monetarily, so I am looking for a simple part-time job that can work around my full-time one. Anyone who knows of anything in or around RI, please let me know. As long as it doesn't require me to provide therapy. Forty hours a week of that is enough, I don't want to burn out.
  • I would love to live in a yurt.
  • Earlier, I talked to my best friend, Bernadette, and my goddaughter, Lily, on the phone. That always makes me happy.
  • The sound of zippers makes me think of my winter coat being zipped up and getting to go out and play in the snow as a kid. We would build snow caves and snowmen, make snow angels and sled on the tiny hill in our family's backyard (right into the pool fence). Ah, good times, good times!
  • My thoughts have been on moving again. Maybe to our own home (or yurt). I still long for a yard, and maybe even a washer/dryer/dishwasher equipped place. Ah, to dream!

Well, those are all the random thoughts for now. It is high time I get myself away from the computer and back to ziti making and apartment cleaning. Thanks for reading and please shop again!

No comments: